Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -456


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1.  This is the matter................I am proud

 (A) which
 (B) that
 (C) who
 (D) of



2. He is married ..............?

 (A) with my sister
 (B) my sister
 (C) to my sister
 (D) none of these



3. The opposite of the 'acquitted' is................?

 (A) entrusted
 (B) convicted
 (C) freed
 (D) burned



4. Choose the meaning of underlined word in the sentence. Ernakulam is a very populous city in Kerala.

 (A) luxurious
 (B) liked by the people
 (C) highly fashionable
 (D) thickly inhabited



5. If the workmen had not been tried, they ...................... the work

 (A) would have complete
 (B) would complete
 (C) will complete
 (D) will have completed



6. Sheela has two brothers. She does not like..................of them

 (A) neither
 (B) any
 (C) either
 (D) none




7. The door bell .........for the last ten minutes

 (A) was ringing
 (B) is ringing
 (C) has been ringing
 (D) had been ringing



8. The study of the origin and history of words.

 (A) Etymology
 (B) Entomology
 (C) Phonology
 (D) Phonetics



9. More than one person .............. feared to be drowned.

 (A) are
 (B) has
 (C) have
 (D) is



10.  I am indeed lucky........?

 (A) aren't I?
 (B) isn't I?
 (C) am I?
 (D) do I?