Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -474


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. It is a big factory. Five hundred people .......... there.

 (A) is employed
 (B) has employed
 (C) are employed
 (D) none of these



2. He gave a gift to my wife and ........

 (A) mine
 (B) my
 (C) me
 (D) I



3. The fruits were ripe. ........?

 (A) isn't they?
 (B) weren't they?
 (C) are they?
 (D) were they?



4. The passive  voice of  'they are expecting  the results' is ;

 (A) The results are being expected
 (B) the results were expected
 (C) The results is expected
 (D) The results are expected



5. All the children were very punctual,  .......... was late

 (A) anybody
 (B) everybody
 (C) somebody
 (D) nobody



6. I must go  ........ my mother is ill.

 (A) because
 (B) for
 (C) since
 (D) yet




7. Do we have ....... food for a fortnight?

 (A) any
 (B) many
 (C) indeed
 (D) sufficient



8. My friend is good at Hindi, but he is weak .......... grammer

 (A) by
 (B) at
 (C) in
 (D) from



9. One is  capable of being tireless.

 (A) invincible
 (B) indefatigable
 (C) impregnable
 (D) insatiable



10. He often falls out  with his friends

 (A) wanders
 (B) quarrels
 (C) fights
 (D) argues