Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -490


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. He is the best speaker .................. is avaliable

 (A) which
 (B) that
 (C) whom
 (D) what



2. I would hurry up, if I..........you?

 (A) were
 (B) was
 (C)is
 (D) am



3.  I feel .................about what happened?

 (A) worse
 (B) bad
 (C) worst
 (D) none of the above



4. Epilogue is

 (A)  introductory part of a literary work
 (B) story line literary work
 (C) concluding part of a literary work
 (D) synopsis of a literary work



5. Pedestrian is

 (A) one who makes speeches
 (B) one who is devoted to a party
 (C) one who walks along the street
 (D) on who loves mankind



6. The celebrated painter's works have been sold for a song. (Choose the words nearest in meaning of      the underlined word)

 (A) at a very high price
 (B) at a very low price
 (C) in exchange of a song
 (D) along with a free song




7.    .................. by his friends, we joined the match

 (A) Having encouraged
 (B) Being encouraged
 (C) Encouraging
 (D)  Encouraged



8. Sita usually ............................till midnight

 (A) read
 (B) reads
 (C) reading
 (D) has read



9. Hardly had he reached the station ............................ the train arrived

 (A) than
 (B) until
 (C) when
 (D) as



10. I am not older than you, ....................

 (A) aren't I?
 (B) amn't  I?
 (C) weren't I?
 (D) am I