Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -409


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test
 ===========================

1.  In which part of the sentence is the error?

 (A) The sun was shining
 (B) when I left home
 (C) so the sudden shower
 (D) caught me unaware.



2.  Fill in the blanks with the correct tense ;  
I ......... for him for the last one  hour.
 (A) have been waiting
 (B) am waiting
 (C) waited
 (D) was waiting



3.  I .........  Delhi  last year.

 (A) had visited
 (B) visited
 (C) have visited
 (D) was visited



4. Complete the sentences ;      If you came to me;

 (A) I would help you
 (B) will help you
 (C) had helped you
 (D) would have helped you



5. Complete the sentences ;   If  I  had gone for the  interview;

 (A) I would get the job
 (B) I would have got the job
 (C) I will get the job
 (D) I will  have got the job



6. The reported speech of; He asked, 'What is the time?' is;

 (A) He asked  what the time was
 (B) He asked what is the time
 (C) He asked what is the time is
 (D) He asked what was the time




7. The passive  voice of  'close the door' is

 (A) Let the door close
 (B) Let the door be closed
 (C) Let the door closed
 (D) Let the door  is closed



8. The polite form is ;

 (A) May you come to my house ?
 (B) Will you come to my house?
 (C) Would you come to my house?
 (D) Can you come to my house?



9. The  figure  of speech  in which  pleasant  terms  are used to describe an unpleasant fact is ;

 (A) Euphuism
 (B) Somnambulism
 (C) pun
 (D) Euphemism



10. "She  is a handful' means ;

 (A) She is very small
 (B) She is very  smart
 (C) She is a difficult person
 (D) She is an  important person