Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -412


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. The picture ............... on the wall

 (A) was hung
 (B) was hanged
 (C) was being hanged
 (D) had been hanged



2. She asked me ..........I could type

 (A) that
 (B) who
 (C) if
 (D) did



3.  I am right,...............?

 (A) am I
 (B) was I
 (C) weren't I
 (D) aren't I



4. Which is a collective noun?

 (A) strength
 (B) sight
 (C) team
 (D) table



5. Find out the one word for the following ? Study of skin

 (A) Pathology
 (B) Prenology
 (C) Entemology
 (D)  Dermatology



6. Feminine gender of 'Fox':

 (A) foxes
 (B) vixen
 (C) foxen
 (D) none of these




7.  Find out the synonym of underlined word: Ganges is a holy water

 (A) divine
 (B) pure
 (C) big
 (D) sacred



8. On hot days we usually .................... for a swim

 (A) are going
 (B) have gone
 (C) have been going
 (D) go



9. Fill in the blank proper preposition. He pointed ............. the tree

 (A) in
 (B) on
 (C) at
 (D) up



10. The past tense of  'weep' is:

 (A) weeped
 (B) weep
 (C) wept
 (D) weeps