Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -440


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. My uncle has gone to  ......... hospital  to visit a  sick friend

 (A) a
 (B) an
 (C) the
 (D) any



2. The bird ....... away a short while ago

 (A) flowed
 (B) flown
 (C) flew
 (D) flied



3.  If  I  had   typewriter, I  ........ it myself.

 (A) would have typed
 (B) would type
 (C) typed
 (D) had typed



4. The news surprised  everyone. change into passive voice

 (A) Everyone  has been surprised by the news
 (B) Everyone is surprised by the news
 (C) Everyone  was surprised  by the news
 (D) None of these



5. .......... I get some tea for you?

 (A) should
 (B) would
 (C) will
 (D) shall



6. The minister appealed ......... the people to  help the flood victims

 (A) with
 (B) to
 (C) on
 (D) by




7.  Choose the correctly spelt word;

 (A) pricision
 (B) precision
 (C) presision
 (D) precition



8.  He .........  very quickly when I met him yesterday.

 (A) was walking
 (B) walks
 (C) has walked
 (D) has been walking



9. I' am  afraid he's .......... stupid,  and won't understand what you mean

 (A) fairly
 (B) not
 (C) not only
 (D) rather



10. You will pass your examination  if you ........ hard

 (A) worked
 (B) have worked
 (C) work
 (D) will have worked