Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -426


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1.  Choose the wrongly spelt word.

 (A) campaign
 (B) camera
 (C) camouflage
 (D) carborettor



2. The weather is .................. hot

 (A) quiet
 (B) queit
 (C) quite
 (D) qiuet



3. "Wash one's hand of" means:

 (A) to assist
 (B) abuse
 (C) to demand
 (D) to refuse



4. Mahatma Gandhi .............. in 1948.

 (A) is killed
 (B) was killed
 (C) has been killed
 (D) had been killed



5. Preposterous means:

 (A) arrogant
 (B) resonation
 (C) reserved
 (D) laughably foolish



6. The sound of peacock is:

 (A) laugh
 (B) scream
 (C) chatter
 (D) bleat




7.  A person of long experience in any field

 (A) expert
 (B) veteran
 (C) novice
 (D) incarnation



8. The police man asked me where...................

 (A) I am going
 (B) am I going
 (C) I was going
 (D) was I going



9. Spot the error

 (A) The tallest of
 (B) the three boys live
 (C) next door
 (D) to me



10. The young one of frog is:

 (A) eaglet
 (B) tadpole
 (C) fry
 (D) cygnet