Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -465


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. My small sister is afraid .............. dogs

 (A)  from
 (B)  of
 (C)  off
 (D)  by



2. I wish, I ........................attend the marriage

 (A) could
 (B) can
 (C)  could have
 (D) can have



3. Choose the correctly spelt word.

 (A) audiance
 (B) audience
 (C) audeance
 (D) audiense



4. He .................. that he had stolen the goods

 (A) refused
 (B) denied
 (C) threatend
 (D) suspected


5. Your car needs re-painting,................?

 (A) doesn't it?
 (B) does it?
 (C) is it?
 (D) isn't it?



6.  I ................ his marriage if the had invited me.

 (A) attended
 (B) will have attended
 (C) would have attended
 (D) had attended




7. The past tens of 'choose'

 (A) choosed
 (B) chosed
 (C) chosen
 (D) chose



8. The young one of 'sheep'

 (A) calf
 (B) foal
 (C) lamp
 (D) kid



9. The  president ..................the prize to the winners

 (A) gave away
 (B) gave in
 (C) gave off
 (D) give up



10. This is............... book I was looking for.

 (A) a
 (B) an
 (C) the
 (D) none of these