Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page 427


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. 'Papparazzi' means

 (A) Male feature appearing in women
 (B) Hater of women
 (C) Reporters of yellow journals
 (D) Commit suicide by cutting veins



2. Killing of one's wife is know as

 (A) Homicide
 (B) Infanticide
 (C) Genocide
 (D) None of these



3. When night closes.................,it gets darked

 (A) up
 (B) on
 (C) in
 (D) away



4. The Idiom 'To read between lines' means:

 (A) To suspect
 (B) To do useless reading
 (C) to read carefully
 (D) To under stand the hidden meaning of writer



5. It is natural ............... man to make mistake

 (A) that
 (B) about
 (C) in
 (D) for



6. Pick out the correctly spelt word

 (A) fourty
 (B) seperate
 (C)  excellent
 (D) curriculam




7. He gave me ............... orange

 (A) a little
 (B)  a
 (C)  the
 (D) an



8. I have know him ........... a long time

 (A) since
 (B) for
 (C) by
 (D) to



9. The adverb among these words is

 (A) quickly
 (B) boost
 (C) harsh
 (D) glow



10. Change into indirect speech: He said to me "you alone can save her"

 (A) He said that I alone can save her
 (B) He said that you alone can save her
 (C) He told me that I alone can save her
 (D) He told me that I alone can save her