Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -438


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. He says  'I am very busy'  Change  into indirect  speech.

 (A) He says  that he was  very busy
 (B) He said that he was  very busy
 (C) He said  that he is very busy
 (D) He says that he is very busy



2. The opposite of the word  'transparent'

 (A) lucid
 (B) clear
 (C) opaque
 (D) crystalline



3. The meaning of  facsimile

 (A) model
 (B) nostrum
 (C) exact copy
 (D) fake



4.  I look forward .............

 (A)  to see you again
 (B) to seeing you again
 (C) at seeing you again
 (D) in seeing you again



5. Seldom  ......... the park these days.

 (A) we visit
 (B) we have visited
 (C) do we visit
 (D) we are visiting



6. If he had challenged me,  I .......... him a lesson.

 (A) would teach
 (B) will teach
 (C) would have taught
 (D) would have been taught




7. This coffee is ........ cold. Can I have  another cup?

 (A) Quiet
 (B) Fairly
 (C) Rather
 (D) So



8.  ........... faster you run, The greater  your chance of winning

 (A) if
 (B) further
 (C) as
 (D) the



9. my best friend as well as  a couple of my classmates  .......... agreed to support me

 (A) have been
 (B) have had
 (C) have
 (D) has



10. No sooner did I think of him ......... he rang me up

 (A) when
 (B) then
 (C) than
 (D) and