Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -483


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. He was so tired that moment he ........ on his bed, he fell asleep.

 (A) lied
 (B) laid
 (C) lay
 (D) lain



2. my best friend, as well as a couple of my classmate ............ agreed to support me.

 (A) have been
 (B) have had
 (C) have
 (D) has



3. Do you think .......... one storeyed building will be enough for the purpose?

 (A) an
 (B) a
 (C) no article
 (D)  those



4. This pudding is made ....................corn flour and eggs.


 (A) with
 (B) of
 (C) from
 (D) off



5. By the time I reached school, the bell ........... already

 (A) has-rang
 (B) is-rung
 (C) did-ring
 (D) had-rung



6. If you wanted my option, you - contact me,

 (A) could
 (B) could have
 (C) can
 (D) may




7. No sooner did I think of him ................... he range me up.

 (A) when
 (B) then
 (C) than
 (D) and



8. Choose the word/ phrase nearest in meaning to 'incongruous'

 (A) incomplete
 (B) compatible
 (C) not in harmony
 (D) inefficient



9. He could revive his business thanks to the bank loan which came as a ............ in the arm.

 (A) prop
 (B) boost
 (C) kick
 (D) shot



10. Everyone was in favour of his suggestion,..........?

 (A) weren't they
 (B) wasn't everyone
 (C) were they
 (D) isn't it