Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -415


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. I would rather you  .......... home now.

 (A) go
 (B) went
 (C) have gone
 (D) had gone



2. The young  one of a lion is;

 (A) kid
 (B) cub
 (C) calf
 (D) chick



3. The young one of a kangaroo is;

 (A) pony
 (B) cub
 (C) kid
 (D) joey



4. The young one of a swan is;

 (A) cygnet
 (B) gosling
 (C) fry
 (D) tadpole



5. What is the one word for, 'to be destroyed gradually by natural chemical  process' ?

 (A) decode
 (B) decommission
 (C) decompose
 (D) deconstruct



6. What is the one word for  'a place  where animal are  slaughtered  for the market' ?

 (A) slaughterer
 (B) abattoir
 (C) arsenal
 (D) aviary




7. What is the one word for 'a person who claims the existence of god  is unknowable?

 (A) agnostic
 (B) atheist
 (C) gosh
 (D) deus



8. If you had waited me, I could ........ you.

 (A) have joined
 (B) joined
 (C) join
 (D) joining



9. I could have repaired  it myself ..........

 (A) if  I had the time
 (B) if I had had the time
 (C) if I  have had
 (D) none of these



10. If you told me you'd seen a ghost ..........

 (A) I wouldn't believe you
 (B) I wouldn't have believed you
 (C) I shouldn't have believed you
 (D) I couldn't have believed  you