Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -443


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. The lady said , 'I saw the saint' . Change into reported speech.

 (A) The lady said  that she had saw the saint.
 (B) The lady said that she saw the saint.
 (C) The lady said that she has seen the saint.
 (D) The lady said that she had seen the saint.



2. If I had enough money ....... a big house.

 (A) I would built
 (B) I would build
 (C) I wil buy
 (D) I can bought



3. He was informed .......... the serious  condition  of his father.

 (A) of
 (B) about
 (C) to
 (D) on



4.  'Mother wits' means

 (A) to speak frankly
 (B) a lady who tells comic story
 (C) to be obsessed by something
 (D) Natural common sense



5. Pack ; wolves ;; .........; books

 (A) group
 (B) flight
 (C) pile
 (D) bunch



6.  I ................ the examination. but my brother failed.

 (A) hold on
 (B) got through
 (C) went off
 (D) gave up




7.  Which of the following is a not a compound noun?

 (A) horse -power
 (B) master -piece
 (C) shoe -maker
 (D) cross - examine



8.  'obiter dictum' means

 (A) passing remarks
 (B) according to value
 (C) to say farewell
 (D) true



9. Find the noun form of assure

 (A) assumed
 (B) assuming
 (C) assurance
 (D) assurred



10. Which among the following  is a verb.

 (A) canvas
 (B) envelope
 (C) canvass
 (D) advice