Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -296


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1.  I am a title nervous,.............?

 (A) am I
 (B) are I
 (C) amn't I
 (D) aren't I



2.  When I reached the park, my friend...............

 (A) is leaving
 (B) leaves
 (C) had left
 (D) left



3. Most girls ............... afraid of cockroaches

 (A) have
 (B) are
 (C) is
 (D) has



4. I met Seetha who is senior............ me.

 (A) than
 (B) of
 (C) to
 (D) with



5. Who wrote the answer? "(Change into passive voice)

 (A) By whom the answer was written?
 (B) Who was written the answer?
 (C) The answer was written by answer?
 (D) Who had written the answer?



6. One of the following words does not belong to the set-Aunt, Poetess, Priest, Madam.

 (A) Aunt
 (B) Priest
 (C) poetess
 (D) Madam




7. I stood by him through thick and thin. (Meaning close to the idiom in bold)

 (A) under certain conditions
 (B) under all conditions
 (C) without any preparation
 (D) without any hesitation



8. The mis-spelt word among the following:

 (A) Queue
 (B) Vacuum
 (C) Diary
 (D) Secretary



9. Write one word for the following: One who hates women

 (A) misogynist
 (B) misanthrope
 (C) feminist
 (D) pessimist



10. The meaning of status quo:

 (A) the existing condition
 (B) responsibility
 (C) experience
 (D) ability to lead