Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -307


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. The antonym of famous is:

 (A) obscure
 (B) eminent
 (C) lenient
 (D) fabulous



2. The antonym of 'antique' is:

 (A) common
 (B) recent
 (C) innovative
 (D) youthful



3. He looked ......... the word in the dictionary.

 (A) up
 (B) for
 (C) into
 (D) at



4. Would you ....... my dog for me this weekend?

 (A) look up
 (B) look at
 (C) look down
 (D) look after



5. Our boss ........ our meeting until next week

 (A) put down
 (B) put up
 (C) put off
 (D) put in



6. She is ........... untidy girl.

 (A) very
 (B) a
 (C) the
 (D) an




7. He is ......... real American hero.

 (A) no article
 (B) the
 (C) a
 (D) an



8. I don't like ......... dogs, but I like my brother's dog

 (A) a
 (B) this
 (C) the
 (D) no article



9. The Head master insisted on .......... the letter

 (A) see
 (B) to see
 (C) seeing
 (D) the seeing of



10. I remember ............ her at the beach last week.

 (A) to see
 (B) seeing
 (C) see
 (D) saw