Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -337

<

Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1.  Actions speak............

 (A) your character
 (B) louder than words
 (C) your quality
 (D) who you are



2. Pick out the wrongly spelt word.

 (A) bouquet
 (B) privilege
 (C) conquer
 (D) orginal



3. The boy, along with his parents, .............. to the park.

 (A) is going
 (B) gone
 (C) are going
 (D) go



4. I am studious,.............?

 (A) aren't I
 (B) am I
 (C) was I
 (D) is I



5. The opposite of 'virtue' is:

 (A) ignorance
 (B) wisdom
 (C) wise
 (D) vice



6. I met ............ European in the restaurant.

 (A) one
 (B) a
 (C) an
 (D) some




7. I left him ........... the cinema.

 (A) in
 (B) on
 (C) at
 (D) of



8. Nephew is to niece as bachelor is to:

 (A) wife
 (B) spinster
 (C) widow
 (D) non of these



9. By this time next year, he............... his promotion.

 (A) has received
 (B) will received
 (C) will have received
 (D) will be receiving



10. Rewrite the following sentence, changing the voice of the verb: He opened the door.

 (A) The door opened.
 (B) The door opened.
 (C) The door opened.
 (D) The door was being opened.