Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -290


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. If you tease the dog, it ......... you.

 (A) bites
 (B) should bite
 (C) will bite
 (D) would bite



2. My brother is the only five feet tall, if he .......... a foot taller, he would be a great basketball player.

 (A) was
 (B) is
 (C) were
 (D) are



3. She is the finest woman .......... ever lived.

 (A) who
 (B) which
 (C) she
 (D) that



4. He's the artist ........... paintings sell for millions.

 (A) which
 (B) that
 (C) whom
 (D) whose



5. That's a song ........ reminds me of my youth

 (A) which
 (B) who
 (C) whom
 (D) whose



6. This PC is as good as new; it has ....... been used.

 (A) hardly
 (B) mostly
 (C) lately
 (D) most




7. No sooner had he left than ..........

 (A) I had spoken
 (B) I spoke
 (C) do I speak
 (D) had I spoken



8. He is ........ of the two.

 (A) clever
 (B) cleverer
 (C) the cleverest
 (D) the cleverer



9. Little progress has been made......?

 (A) hasn't it?
 (B) has it?
 (C) has little?
 (D) hasn't little?



10. There are no pencils on the desk, ............

 (A) aren't they?
 (B) are they?
 (C) are there?
 (D) aren't there?