Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -328


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1.Vocal cords vibrate while producing the sound

 (A) K
 (B) B
 (C) T
 (D) S



2. At last the rioters retreated. find out the correct phrasal verb for the italicized word:

 (A) get at
 (B) run down
 (C) take to
 (D) fell back



3. Choose the correct prepossession: She has no taste ....... music

 (A) in
 (B) for
 (C) with
 (D) at



4. Write the abbreviation of 'eg';-

 (A) eastern egg
 (B)  exempli gratia
 (C) example given
 (D) exiting gratia



5. The word statue means 'an image'. Then  what does the word 'Statute' means:

 (A) having ample space
 (B) power of seeing
 (C) written law
 (D) belonging to you



6. I ........... my work by tomorrow.

 (A) finish
 (B) have finished
 (C) finished
 (D) shall have finished




7. Complete the proverb: Procastination  is .....

 (A)  catches the worm
 (B) the thief of time
 (C) the devils workshop
 (D) the root of all evil



8. I .......... the job if you had paid enough.

 (A) will do
 (B) would do
 (C) would have done
 (D) will have done



9. The correct indirect speed of the sentence: I said to Hari, "Why are you lazy"?

 (A) I said Hari that why he was lazy
 (B) I asked Hari why was he lazy
 (C) I asked Hari why he was lazy
 (D) I asked Hari why he were lazy



10. swimming is good to health. Here, the underlined word is:

 (A) Gerund
 (B) Concord
 (C) Adverb
 (D) Conjunction