Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam General English Page -377


Kerala PSC LDC Exam

General English

Practice Test

 ===========================

1. In which part of the sentence is the mistake :-
     My friends have decidec to congratulate me for my success

 (A) my friends have
 (B)  decided to
 (C) congratulate me
 (D) for my successs



2. I ate banana is the active form of

 (A) a banana has eaten by me
 (B) a banana was eaten by me
 (C) a banana is eaten by me
 (D) I was eaten by banana



3. This is the place ...... I was born

 (A) where
 (B) which
 (C) who
 (D) up



4. By the time I reached the railway station  the train ....

 (A) left
 (B) had left
 (C) had been left
 (D) has left



5. The chief guest ..... the prizes to the winners

 (A) gave away
 (B) gave up
 (C) gave in
 (D) gave out



6. you had better .... a doctor

 (A) consulted
 (B) to consult
 (C) consult
 (D) consulting




7. Deepan enjoys ...the novels of James Austen

 (A) to read
 (B) reading
 (C) to be reading
 (D) read



8. Mohan asked the boy

 (A) What was he doing
 (B) What he was doing
 (C) What he would done
 (D) What he did



9. The officer asked the assistant to ... the file

 (A) put on
 (B) put out
 (C) put in
 (D) put off

c


10. I .... this place seven years ago

 (A) have visited
 (B) am visited
 (C) was visited
 (D) visited